Thursday, April 26, 2012

Helping 2013

Interviewee 1: Taylor McRorey
April 20, 2012 at 12:40pm.

1) I wanna do something about the medical field, that is all I know so far. I have already been looking at my options such as nursing and anesthesiology. Past that, I really have to think about what I wanna do or more like narrow it all down to one or two selections then make my final choice.
    Suggestions: When thinking about your idea, try to think a head to who you might interview and do service learning with. You are required to do 4 interviews, but can interview your service learner twice. It's good to know ahead of time so that you don't have to rush around looking for someone a day before the interview is due, like most seniors do. ;]

2) I'm planning on getting my service hours at Kaiser Permanente at their volunteer learning program. This way I can get community service hours as well as hours or learning service. I will be working with nurses and doctors in aiding them with basic activities.
    Suggestions: Really, just make sure your service learner is credible and will be able to supply you with the 60 hours you're going to need.However, seems like you already got this covered, Kaiser would be a great place for service learning.

3) I was kinda expecting them to be a little boring mostly because they are like 2 hours long which is crazy. However, I'm sure I will pick up on some good ideas and look for the things and activities that stand out so I can come up with good ones for myself!
    Suggestions: Yeah, senior presentations can be super boring. However, it's important to watch so that you can get ideas for your senior presentation and start to craft it. Especially look at the activities, because that will help you come up with your own activities. You want them to be engaging!

4) To be honest...i really don't have any questions for you right now, but, thank you!
    Suggestions: Ok, well if you come up with any, I'd be happy to answer them. :)




Interviewee 2: Alyssa Soberano
April 26th, 2012 at 12:50pm.

1) I have two topics I'm considering, a labor and delivering nurse or nutrition and dieting. A labor and delivering nurse because I was in the room after my aunt gave birth, and just thought it was really interesting. Nutrition and dieting because I previously did a lot of my own research on it and lost thirty pounds.
    Suggestions: It's great that you already have two solid answers, and even greater that you already have some research on nutrition and dieting. Now all you have to do is decide which topic you want to pursue. I'd think about which one offers more choices for service learning and interviews.

2) I plan to do my service learning at a Kaiser hospital, since both of my possible topics are medical related.
    Suggestions: A Kaiser hospital is a great choice, as it can count for both your service learning and independent components if you sign up for their volunteer program.

3) I expect to be involved in the presentations. I don't want to just sit there and watch.
    Suggestions: Yeah, some of the presentations will prove unbearable to sit through, but a lot of people set their goal on making them engaging. If you don't feel like you're being engaged, I would try asking some questions. Questions could benefit the presenter as well, maybe open them up a bit more.

4) I don't really have any questions, my sister graduated last year, so she has already answered all of my questions.
    Suggestions: Alright, well if you have any questions, feel free to ask. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment