Friday, April 27, 2012

Independent Componet 2

LITERAL:
a)   I, Shannon Malally, affirm that I completed my independent component which represents 30 hours of work.
b)   For my independent component, I worked on training my horse Leroy all by myself. In training him, I reinforced our trust, and learned how to read his body language like a book. By reading my articles, I have improved his sliding stop so that he actually gets his bum underneath him and slides a bit farther. Are spins have also gotten better, increasing and speed and Leroy now being able to plant a hind leg and pivot on it. His ground manners have also improved greatly, he is now a total gentleman. 


INTERPRETIVE:
I worked with Leroy almost every day, whether it was for 10 minutes, or in the case of our horse show, 7 hours. Working with horses in training is important to do everyday, because consistency, patience, and receptiveness is key to getting positive results. Leroy was a fast learner and easy to work with, plus he has had previous training, so a lot of our work was reinforcement to previously learned commands. However, he has improved on all of those commands, as can be seen in the video. At the beginning, when we are spinning, he is really slow and locked up; that was my old way of trying to get him to spin. In the next clip, he has planted a hind foot and is spinning faster, that is my new way to get him to spin. 


APPLIED: 
My independent component 2 helped me answer my EQ because I was able to see how important communication, trust, proper tack, time, patience, and effort really are. I was also able to try out my own training methods, and through trial and error, I got to see how they worked and didn't work. It really helped me answer my EQ.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gEtw_gg0bxuKFHUMT9Cq-n324xQoMxqN063FmiLMXsA/edit

Proof: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpzoRgFJZj0

No comments:

Post a Comment